Everything You Need to Know: North Carolina State Fair
Bluegrass music and the popping of hit-and-miss engines making ice cream – those are the sounds of many fair-goers favorite fair entrance. Welcome to Heritage Circle. It’s the sounds that let you know the anticipation is over, the smell of fried foods and the sheer thrill of amusement rides – you are finally at the North Carolina State Fair!
The North Carolina State Fair offers something for the whole family! This year’s events include rides for children and adults, food vendors, cooking contests, livestock, general exhibits, demolition derby, concerts, and more!
The 2016 North Carolina State Fair will be open Thursday, October 13th – Sunday, October 23rd. The address of the Fair is 1025 Blue Ridge Road Raleigh, NC 27607.
You can follow the below links to get more information on special events:
Looking for something more than food and fun? Venture over to the Villages of Yesteryear where more than 75 creative minds gather to offer up one of the best exhibits of arts and creativity in the Triangle! Watch crafters at work and ask them questions about their craft or venture over to see the final works of art created by local artists.
Special Days and Discounts
- Daily military discount – Every day, active-duty service members, reservists, retirees, National Guardsmen and their dependents (ages 13-64) pay only $6 daily at the gate. Proper identification must be presented at the ticket window to receive this discount. One valid identification is required per discounted ticket.
- Thursday, October 13 – Preview Day – Discounted Admission Price for Preview Day ONLY. Gate admission price is the same as the advance sales price on Preview Day. (Adults: $8, Children: $3). Seniors age 65 and older and kids 5 and younger are always free.
- Friday, October 14 – Friday Frenzy – Students can take advantage of a $5 admission ticket by presenting their school identification or recent (2015/2016) report card.
- Monday, October 17, Michael’s Day (for families from Ronald McDonald House)
- Tuesday, October 18 — Senior Citizens’ Day – While those age 65 and over get in free every day, they can enjoy a free Bojangles breakfast and entertainment on Tuesday morning.
- Wednesday, October 19 — Military Appreciation Day – The first 3,000 people through the gates will receive a military appreciation pin. The Military Appreciation Parade steps off at 11 a.m., and there will be patriotic music throughout the day on the Waterfall Stage.
- Thursday, October 20 – Food Lion Hunger Relief Day – Fairgoers can bring five cans of Food Lion brand food to the N.C. State Fair on Thursday, Oct. 20, to exchange for one free admission ticket.
We hope to see you at the North Carolina State Fair!